Expert Early Childhood Education
What can you expect from us?
Positive and consistent techniques should be used to encourage children whose play actions are both appropriate and inappropriate.
- Positive verbal and gestural reinforcement for appropriate behaviour, redirection of inappropriate behaviour
- One verbal request (ensuring understanding) followed by gentle physical assistance
- Teaching and practicing of preferred behaviours in order to help children habituate skills and learn self discipline
- Offering children age appropriate choices and assisting them to follow through
- Corporal punishments of any child (spanking, hitting, shaking, etc.)
- Deliberate harsh or degrading measures that would humiliate a child or undermine a child's self respect (threatening, verbal abuse, yelling, etc.)
- Deprivation of basic needs (food, clothing, shelter, bedding etc)
- Confining in a locked room
Partnerships with families
Information for Parents
Established relationships with parents means we can share information positively and effectively to support children as much as possible.
Classes commence at 8:00 am, ending at 2:30 pm. Timings for students participating in After-School Activities varies based on the choice of activity
We strongly encourage open communication between parents and staff. Our staff are available for queries from 2 pm to 4 pm on Mondays - Fridays. Meetings can also be scheduled
We ensure that all our facilities and resources are compliant with global health and safety standards and personnel on site are trained to respond to any such need
If your child is injured while at the Academy, staff will administer basic first aid. If medical attention is required, attempts will be made to reach the parents immediately
Students are required to be in uniform every day (P.E kits when Sports is scheduled). Exploration often requires getting messy and we encourage that creativity! We do provide paint and cooking aprons.
Children are required to bring a snack and lunch item, in addition to a water bottle to keep them hydrated through the exciting learning activities of the day. Children have a snack at 10:30 am and lunch at 12:30 pm.